Did you know that Americans spend an estimated $474.5 BILLION on Christmas each year? And that the average American will spend $935 on Christmas this year? Here's a breakdown that will (should) turn your stomach. The average American will spend, this year:
- $550 on gifts for family & friends (that's just ONE american!)
- $120 on themselves (HAVE to have that new Christmas outfit!)
- $70 on co-workers and miscellaneous others
- $41.50 on a Christmas tree
- $32.48 on Christmas cards & postage
- $22.61 on flowers
- $95.04 on food & candy
- $51.43 on decorations
- $960.50 on holiday travel for those who don't live near family
We know families, not only in this community, but all across the world, who are living in silence this Christmas. They have had their worst day, and it replays each day after. They are living in darkness, and it is time for their silence to be broken.
Christmas was meant, from the very beginning, to be voice in the darkness, and an experience that makes us more like Christ. May yours be just that. It's more than enough.