Secondly, we would like to ask you for your prayers. There are very specific things that we are in need of, most of which are emotional and spiritual in nature. While this is in no way an exhaustive list, we appreciate your prayers for the following:
* Continued discernment as to the steps that need to be taken to further develop a relevant and significant model of ministry for this church
* A local network of supportive friends who can share in the "trials" and loneliness of ministry
* Expressed support from the congregation ("Expressed" meaning action in addition to words)
* The heart to say "No." We are learning very quickly how easily offended people will become if we don’t do what they want, go where they want us to go, or do what they want us to do how they want it done.
* Thicker skin. In ministry, the encouragers are few, and the critics many.
* Creative ideas for how to best utilize our resources, both in the church and personally
* Continued health and physical well-being (particularly for Betsy as she undergoes some testing and exams)
* For God’s peace to give us the rest and focus we need to daily lead this church
We are so grateful for you. Thank you for sharing in our journey! We love you.